Did you know that more than half of the US population lives within a day’s drive from Raleigh? Combine this with its rich history and scenic views and it’s no wonder the City of Oaks is a top spot to host an outdoor wedding or event.
As outdoor events have become increasingly popular, finding the perfect Raleigh outdoor event space can be challenging. The historic haven presents plenty of downtown event venues, but not all of them offer outdoor options. Hosting an outdoor event allows guests to relax in a natural setting and feel comfortable mingling with friends.
We’ve drawn up the details on the top 3 outdoor event spaces in Raleigh, NC so you don’t have to.
1| The StateView Hotel
3| Haywood Hall
If you’re looking for a more comprehensive list of event venues in the area, check out our list of The Top Event Venues in Raleigh, NC.
1| The StateView Hotel | 2451 Alumni Dr, Raleigh, NC
With more than 2000 square feet of scenic outdoor Raleigh event space, The StateView Hotel is at the top of our list. Our Raleigh hotel boasts an expansive lawn overlooking Lake Raleigh, opulent on-site accommodations and a long list of available amenities.
- Outdoor Terrace and sparkling pool surrounded by intimate seating vignettes
- Personalized wedding planning with the help of our expert StateView team
- Inspired on-site catering featuring fresh ingredients and craft cocktails
- Cutting-edge technology and AV equipment available to rent
- Walking distance to the collegiate Lonnie Poole Golf Course by Arnold Palmer
- Located on NC State’s Centennial Campus – perfect for wedding photography
- Social distancing setup that ensures you and your guests are comfortable
- On-site restaurant, Flask & Beaker, available for rehearsal or day-after brunch
- Complimentary on-site parking spaces available for event guests
Be sure to browse our photo gallery for our favorite outdoor Raleigh event venue inspiration.
2| Highgarden Rooftop Lounge | 419 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC
If you’re looking for a downtown Raleigh outdoor event venue, Highgarden Rooftop Lounge delivers. The popular Raleigh, North Carolina cityscape is visible in all directions atop Highgarden’s open-air event space. The new-for-2021 rooftop lounge is furnished with comfortable couches, cabanas and outdoor fans that create a modern, yet cozy atmosphere.
Highgarden’s urban outdoor event space in downtown Raleigh is serving up unique small bites, craft cocktails, wine and draft beer. Did we mention the champagne bar? Cheers!
Highgarden is open Wednesday – Sunday from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. and can be reserved for private outdoor Raleigh events.
3| Haywood Hall House & Gardens | 211 New Bern Pl, Raleigh, NC
Rewrite history at Haywood Hall House & Gardens, the only historic house in North Carolina still standing on its original foundation of locally-quarried stone. This historic Raleigh outdoor event venue provides an elegant backdrop of lush gardens, brick pathways and a charming gazebo.
The home is equipped with modern amenities like renovated bathrooms, a kitchen available for catering use and a double-porticoed entrance. The impressive period décor is sure to be a conversation starter among guests.